Welcome to the Pre-Law Advising Office
How can we help?
The Pre-Law Advising Office will help you every step of the way, no matter your major or the law school of your choice. The list of services below is not exhaustive as each meeting is tailored to you.
- Assistance with selection of major/minor
- Recommendations of courses to prepare for the LSAT and law school
- Suggestion of a timeline to apply to law school, including how and when to study for the LSAT, when to take the LSAT, and when to prepare all documents for admission
- Notice of pre-law events and opportunities on and near campus
- Coordination of panel discussions with law school admissions representatives
- Guidance in researching law school options
- Answers to questions related to a law career
- Advising for the accelerated (3+3) law program with UM Law School
- Feedback on your personal statement
- Help with the application process on the Law School Admissions Council (LSAC) website
The next step?
If you already have the Pre-Law status declared on your profile, visit our Blackboard Pre-Law Advising page to make an appointment or access more resources.
If you are interested in pursuing Law School, add the Pre-Law status to your profile by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your Student ID number!
Thank you for visiting! Our website is currently under construction, look forward to our updates this Fall 2023